Several days of rain predicted so I went out this evening to visit all four hives and filled their feeders. 1 to 1 sugar water with Pro Health essential oils. Did not make the usual bee-tea recipe found in my other posts as there was not time. I found I could heat some water, four cups, and before it boiled combined with four cups white sugar, Domino, and it was cool enough by then to add the essential oils. By the time I took the pitcher out to the hives it was room temp.
Backyard hive downed a 1 quart bag o' syrup in five days since the first fill.
A colony of ants had moved into the top hiding under a piece of wood I used to hold the original box's feed can. Took it out and sent them scurrying. Sorry, anties.
Ferncroft hive 10 frame did not finish 8oz in that time. This hive also did not finish the can that came with the box o' bees.
2 Ferncroft 8 frame hives finished 8oz each.
I suspect I still have the original 10,000 or so bees and that the new bees are beginning to come out of their cells to the count of about 1,000 to 1,500 per day. Soon the original bees will die off then numbers will climb to, I guess, about 60,000 or so. I'm keeping the feeding on until I can judge whether to add a shallow super. I figure this will be in mid June.